[infobox subtitle="Jessica Milan & Lookbook Cookbook" bg="red" color="white" opacity="on" space="30" link="no link"]#Winning Food[/infobox] Food and fashion. Fashion and food. We are equally obsessed with both, but a combination of the two is rare. Step in Jessica Milan, a Toronto-based photographer behind the Lookbook Cookbook, a blog (now book!) that combines gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free but never boring recipes with dangerously-cool models eating the meals.
She says, "I am a photographer and foodie from Toronto that loves creating recipes and having fun in the kitchen. I started Lookbook Cookbook a few years ago because I wanted to share some of my creations and thought it would be a fun twist to include some of my friends in the shots. My book was just released last month with the same concept, and features recipes for no fuss food, snacks, salads and treats. I like my food to be super easy to make, and a lot of fun to eat!" And fun to eat it is. Below, Jessica shares two recipes that she created especially for TheLoDown. Eat our heart out foodies and fashion lovers -- this is a treat in every sense of the word.
[columns_row width="half"] [column]
Blueberry Banana Pancakes
Makes 6 small pancakes, serves 2
Ingredients: 3/4 cup gluten free pancake mix 1 tablespoon coconut sugar, optional 1/2 cup vegan milk of choice 1/2 tablespoon grapeseed or extra virgin coconut oil, plus extra for frying 1/4 cup mashed banana 1/4 cup fresh blueberries extra blueberries, banana slices and pure maple syrup, for topping
- Add the pancake mix and coconut sugar to a bowl and sift with a fork. Pour in half of the vegan milk, the oil, and the mashed banana and mix. Add more milk as needed. When mixed, stir in the blueberries.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan over medium low heat. When it has thoroughly heated, add spoonfuls of the batter to it. When it begins to bubble on top and is golden brown underneath after a few minutes, flip them over and cook the other side.
- Enjoy with extra fruit on top and pure maple syrup.
Ingredients: 1 banana, peel removed and frozen 1 cup frozen strawberries 3/4 cup purified water 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or blonde coconut nectar
- Add all ingredients to your blender, and mix well. Add another splash of water if needed.
- Pour into a glass, and enjoy immediately.
Photographs courtesy of Jessica Milan // Additional reporting by Daise Bedolla
Shop the Post
Purchase Lookbook Cookbook: Simple, Delicious, Gluten-Free & Vegan Dishes for Fashion Loving Foodies by Jessica Milan[/column] [/columns_row]